Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yet another awesome recipe I got from my sis-in-law Emily (who just had a super cute baby). We had this when we were visiting them in Indiana. It was good to munch on, eat as cereal or sprinkle with berries. I made it today for Mike to take as a school snack. I'm going to send it with Gogurts:) Try it. I promise it will be the best home made Granola you've ever had!!!

Granola
7-8 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup wheat germ (I found it in the cereal isle)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 cup honey (measure the oil first then the honey won't stick to the measuring cup)
1/4 cup water
2 T. vanilla
2 tsp. salt
2 T. cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
Also optional: Almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, or whatever kind of nut you like.

Mix all of the ingredients together (with your hands--do NOT use a Kitchen-Aid) and spread out on two greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Stir and bake another 15 minutes. Scrape the bottom of cookie sheet as soon as it is done to prevent sticking. Cool and then store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment