Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The last 2 days have been big days for Ruthie, Mike and I. We finally made it to the Dentist which was years over due for me. I had 5 cavities!!! They tried to drill without happy gas cause they don't have it or numbing me. After about 20 seconds it was obvious I needed to be numbed. I'd never had a cavity before or had a drill in my mouth grinding away at my teeth so even after they numbed half my face I wished they could completely knock me out!!! Nasty. It took 2 hours to fill 3 cavities so I'm going back tomorrow for the other 2 and I'm wishing I had gotten some Valium like Mike did.

Ruthie had her immunization shots today which was pretty traumatizing for both of us. It's a three needle process and when the first one went into her thigh she looked shocked then opened her mouth as wide as it would go and sent out the most ear piercing/heart breaking wail I've heard. Then she turned bright purply-blue and didn't breath for like a minute. I about cried for her. Not looking forward to the next one.


1 comment:

  1. I used to make Dave come with me to Olivia's appointments so I could leave the room when they gave her her shots. I'm more heartless now, but it's nearly enough to kill a mom.

    ReplyDelete