Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I love children's books. Specifically picture books. I've been collecting them for several years now and I've decided to occasionally share my favorites with you. When I'm picking books I have to love the art as much as the story.

The Spider and the Fly based on the tale by Mary Howitt and art done by Tony DiTerlizzi (he did the art for Holly Black's Spiderwick Chronicles). I love this book!!!!! Not only is the tale dark and timeless but the art is done in charcoals which completely add to the the setting of the story. The thing I love about it is even though it's in black and white I can picture the colors in my minds eye.



I searched my nieces book shelf yesterday and found this little tickler. Tuesday by David Wiesner is hysterically funny! There are a total of 9 words (some of them are actually just numbers) in the entire book. The pictures tell the story of one evening when frogs could fly on lilly pads. I love it!!!




1 comment:

  1. This looks like an awesome book! I'll have to check it out. I love the illustration of childrens books!

    ReplyDelete