Thursday, September 2, 2010

I finally finished Ruth's dresser. I looked for one on Craigslist for months and then found this little gem about a month ago. It was light green with horrid forest green trim. So I sanded it, painted it yellow and put new hard ware on it.
It's mostly made of particle board that was chipping and nasty. Drawer liners wouldn't stick to the bad "wood" so I lined the insides with fabric:) Thumb tacks are cheap and very handy.

Before our little meatball was born I bought several bags of Walmart diapers, which I will never do again. I remember my sister using them and swearing by their superiority to other more expensive diapers. However they must have changed how they make them because now they resemble cardboard. I don't use them but Mike hates the waste so I occasionally find her sporting one of them. To make matters more fun they are now to small but that doesn't stop Mike. We call this look Bikini Diaper.
Very unimpressed with us I think.

6 comments:

  1. THAT BIKINI DIAPER PICTURE! AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH also, that dresser looks great, i love the idea of fabric to line it. I wish I had thought of that for Mia's dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Kel!!! I love those pics of Ruth, I want to raspberry her belly. Ya lesson learned on the Walmart diapers, worst ones out there. I have loved Huggies, it is totally worth spending more on, in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the dresser. I did not know you are so wise, I had know idea that craigslist had great things. Give that sweet Grand-daughter kisses. I think the bikini diaper would work only for #1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I am dying right now!!! That is hilarious and the dresser looks great!

    ReplyDelete