Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the Season!

I got in trouble several times the past week from Anneli for not posting so here it is. Christmas! Mike and I splurged and got a tree and all the fun that goes with it. I love it!!! And to my eternal joy so does Mike:) He is now done with finals and living care free...until grades come out but he's very confident that he did well. Now he plays World of Warcraft and Settlers of Cauton. I don't think that's how it's spelled but I did my best. Mike's been getting after me for my bad spelling. I'd rather sound something out and try to spell it instead of using spell check or looking it up on Dictionary.com.....okay I used spell check this time but left some things miss spelled on principle.

Pumpkin Head is 2 1/2 inches long and part of its intestines are in the umbilical cord...something to think about. I get sick more often now and I can pretty much gag on cue. I'm quite talented. I'm finding it harder to want to clean my house after work when I'm not feeling well so needless to say it's starting to look a little scary around here. Then when I do clean it's messy the next day. Oh the cycle:)

I super glued an earring to my earlobe yesterday on accident but luckily got it off. I peeled glue from my ear for the rest of the day.

I put in for a week off in the end of February so that I can come home and see the snow!!!!! Everyone pray that I get the time off please.

Also, my awesome sister in law is part of a mass Christmas card sending to a special family. Here is the info:

There is a 8-year old from my Primary in Toledo that is dying of squamous cell sarcoma. He has only about 2-3 months left, and since he loves Christmas, his Primary teacher is working on getting him and his family showered in Christmas cards and well wishes this holiday season. If any of you get the time, please address a card to him and his brother:
Gabe and Mike DuBois
627 Pierce St.
Maumee, Ohio 43537

I'm organizing a large letter/card/sign/banner operation tomorrow for family night with my friends here, so hopefully we'll get a load to send out to them. I cannot imagine facing Christmas with a child that sick, but I also guess there's no better time to feel our Heavenly Father's and Savior's love either.

So send a card if you can. Love all of YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for updating!!! I hear ya about the cycle of the dirty house. I am working and my house is on a regular cycle of dirty and clean. Do you remember the laundry situation growing up? well, my laundry is the same. That was the one thing that I swore would not happen! gag. I am sorry you still feel sick. I always felt better around 16 weeks so hopefully you feel better in a couple weeks. I love your Christmas decor! I want a fireplace. Congrats to Mikey for finishing another semester! I hope he did well. We love you kids and please keep updating. I love it! Peace out sis. love your guts! Anni

    ReplyDelete