Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Don't you just love movies you can watch over and over again? Particularly the one's you watched as a kid and still enjoy as an adult. They were so entertaining that even though I didn't understand the references or the plot it was still a favorite. For instance My Fair Lady is one of those movies. Loved, loved, loved it when I was young. The music and the costumes were what hooked me and I think Audrey Hepburn was the first actress I thought was beautiful. I don't know a single girl that doesn't envy her in the white dress she wears to the ball. And now that I'm more "mature" I get an absolute kick out of Alfred P. Doolittle, Elisa's father. So stinken funny. And all the lines Rex Harrison (Professor Higgins) has that just went right over my head....anywho. I love movies like that.

On the flip side. Occasionally I'll watch a beloved movie from my kidhood and gasp at how naive I was. I must have been clueless. Like South Pacific which has somewhat scandalous (I'm exaggerating a little) parts in it.......the specific one's escape me now which kinda ruins my example but I know someone out there know what I'm talking about:)

No comments:

Post a Comment